19 July 2009

P.S. These things piss me off

[When blog posts aren't in the form of letters, I'll title them "P.S."]

1. Friends who don't really listen.

You know, the friends that are really fun to be around and are great at parties, but you would never dream of telling your problems to because they're so wrapped up in their own life, or don't seem to really care about being a good friend. I have a lot of friends like that. That's not friendship, my dears. Not friendship at all.

2. Guys (and people generally) who don't say what they're thinking.

We all love a bit of mystery, but seriously, I'm not Mystic Meg's long lost son. I cannot read your mind. I'm not going to automatically assume you like me, or want to spend time with me, if you don't say it every now and again. I'm not insecure, I just want some reassurance every once in a while - and I'm quite freaked out that there are people who DON'T need reassuring. They're just weird.

3. People who ask me stupid questions about being gay.

Google is your friend, people! If you've been living in a cave, there are many resources that can educate you. I'll answer you if you ask me a question that makes sense, but don't ask me something like "do you put that voice on?". Of course I don't, it's my voice. Also, don't ask me "Do you really not fancy girls at all?". No, I don't. That's a pretty big part of being gay, the whole "being sexually attracted only to the same sex" thing. Just to clarify: Yes, I have gay sex. Yes, my family are okay with it. No, it wasn't a choice. I came out at the age of 15. No, I don't fancy you just because you're male. I have standards.

4. People who, when talking about weight loss, lecture you about how the only way to get long lasting, sustainable weight loss is through exercise and a healthy diet.

Everybody knows that. No, really, everybody does. Even the people who say "omg I need 2 lose a stone in a wk...wat do I do? I'm gna die if i dont". Yep, even them. They want a quick fix, and yes it is achievable. Just shut up about the healthy diet thing, because I saw you chomping on that big mac last Tuesday. Yes I did. And you thought nobody was looking - the shame.

That is all for now. I feel much better, haha.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha I love this post! So true. I have alsooo tagged you on my blog if you would like to take a look! Invitation To The Voyage. Lottie

Mary-Anne said...

KYLE IS MY BABY. I love him with all my heart and miss him terribly :(

P.s. I love the videos you've posted :P

xxx

Post a Comment